|Students can obtain various Scholarships and the concerned notices will be displayed time to time on the notice board. No student will be communicated individually regarding such scholarships; therefore, it is mandatory on the part of students to see the notice board regularly. However, student can avail required guidance and other related help from the officials.
- Students can obtain the following scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship: Government Scholarship for the students, securing above 75% marks.
- Scholarship for Backward Class Students
- Scholarship for Freedom Fighter’s Children
- Scholarship for Primary Teachers’ Children
- Scholarship for Differently Abled Students
- Information in brief regarding Government, semi-government scholarships and other educational fee concessions.
1) Fee concession from Maharashtra Government is given up to the second child who born after 5/08/1968. Application forms of all the scholarship and fee concession should be submitted on or before 31st July.
2) E.B.C fee concession is being given only for such a student whose guardians’ annual income is maximum Rs. 1,00,000/-.(One Lakh) E.B.C form and annual income certificate should be submitted to the concern clerk.
3) Primary teachers’ children can get concessions in fees.
4) Army men and ex-army men’s children can get concessions in fees.
5) Freedom fighter’s children can get concessions in fees.
6) Those students belongs to the SC category and their guardians’ annual income is up to 2,00, 000/- (Two lakh) and the students belongs to the OBC/SBC/NT-VJ categories and their guardians’ annual income is up to 1,00, 000/- (one lakh), they have to submit annual income certificate of the year 01-04-2016 to 31-03-2017 issued by Hon. Tahasildar. The students who have had the gap in their education, have to submit the gap certificate with the affidavit.
7) Scholarship forms have to be filled online only.
8) Scholarship amount is deposited on the accounts of the beneficiary student, therefore it is mandatory to open an account in the Kolhapur Branch of Panjab National Bank. To get the benefit of scholarship scheme AADHAR Card is obligatory
9) Full Time High-school teachers and non-teaching staff’s two children can get the benefit of concession in fees, according to the circular of the Government of Maharashtra.
10) Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship: The students belonging to the Sc, ST, OBC and VJ categories and who have secured 75 % marks in SSC and who are learning in XIth standard are awarded with the scholarship of Rs 300/- per month and Rs. 3000/- per year. For the said scholarship the students have to apply online only and open an account in the Bank.
11) Scholarship for the differently Abled Students: The blind and handicap students were rewarded with the scholarship from the ZP’s Social Welfare Section.
12) Minority Scholarship: The Central Government rewards the scholarship for the students who belonging to the minorities like Christian, Shikh, Baudha, Parshi and Jain. The concerned notification is displayed on the notice board of the college.
13) The central government scholarship under the Central Sector scheme of Scholarships for College and Universities is rewarded to the student who secures higher merit of 72 % in HSC.
14) The economically backward class students learning in M. Sc. I and II are given the scholarship under the scheme of Eklavya financial Assistance. The concerned notification is displayed on the notice board of the college.
15) LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship: The student who secure 65 % of marks in HSC Board Examination and whose annual family income is less than 1, 00, 000/- are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
16) Merit Scholarship: A meritorious and promising student from rural area high school who has secured 60 % of marks in HSC Board Examination is eligible can applies for this scholarship.
17) Hindi Scholarship – The government of India rewards a scholarship to the students of Hindi from non-Hindi regions. The students who secure 60 % of marks in the board examination of HSC are eligible to apply for the said scholarship. It is mandatory to the students who receive this scholarship have to opt the special Hindi at B. A. I, II and III.
18) Reward: The students who stood first in Economics in B. A. Part III will be rewarded with Cash reward of Rs. 500/- given in the name of Hon’ble Shri Dattatrya Shankarrao Babar (Ret. Assistant Registrar). University Scholarships
A) Scholarship for History and English:
The Shivaji University has offered scholarships for Special subjects – History and English. The students who will secure 50 % of marks in History and English at B. A. I and will opt History and English at B. A. II and III, are eligible to get the university scholarship.
B) Scholarship for Sociology Subject: The students who have secured 60 % of marks in HSC Board Examination and have opted Sociology at B. A. part I, II and III
The scholarships given by College (Second Class Mandatory):
1) In the memory of Hon’ble Late Principal M. R. Desai, Hon’ble Late Sushiladevi M. Deasi (Aaisaheb) has donated the fund of 1,00,000/- for the education of poor, intelligence and promising student from which college annually gives scholarship to the poor, intelligence and promising students.
2 )Shikshan Maharshi Principal M. R. Desai Prize – For the student who stood first in English at B. Sc. Part III.
3) Barr. Balasaheb Khardekar Prize – For the student who stood first in English at B. A. Part III (Compulsory English)
Kalasangam Prize - For the student who stood first in English at B. A. Part III (Special English)
5) Nalini Deshpande Prize – For the student who stood first in Economics at B. A. Part III (Special Economics)
Those Meritorious Students have to fill complete fees can apply for the Merit Scholarship.